Friday, October 5, 2012

"I don't know how you do it!"

This is probably the most common thing I hear from people when I tell them my husband is gone for a year.  "I don't know how you military wives do it!"  Well, this is how I do it.  I just do.  I don't have a choice.  What is my other option?  It could be always be worse.  Much worse.  I remind myself that this is temporary, that God chose me and my family to go through this because he knew we could do it and that it could be worse.  I think about all the things I am blessed with daily.  And really, while this sucks, and it does, Mike and I are incredibly blessed.  Our hearts are happy.  Our family is healthy.  We have amazing children.  A nice home.  Mike is incredibly supportive of my role as a SAHM of 2 boys who miss their Daddy.  And, I am supportive of the Daddy who misses us so much but must serve our country.  I would rather be in my shoes than his any day.  We have supportive family and friends and even some complete strangers.  We are lucky to be able to communicate daily right now and although that will change, I am thankful for e-mail.  I am not going to tell you that I don't have rough days.  I do.  I am not going to tell you that this is easy.  It is not.  But, it is our world and it is what we were dealt.  So, what do we do?  Wallow in self pity, cry daily,  or fall into depression?  My children deserve so much more than that. I deserve so much more than that.  My amazing husband deserves so so much more than that.  And frankly I do not like being miserable.  I love being happy!  I love having fun!  I love life!  So, how do I do it?  I just do it.  Some times it is day by day.  Other times it is minute by minute.  Sometimes I lean on my family.  Sometimes I lean on my friends.  I stay busy enjoying life.  I miss my husband.  The kids miss him more.  But, we are only given one life and every year counts.  I do not want to miss this year of my babies growing up.  So....we live it!  We live it! And we look forward to a happy Curti family reunion!      
And on that note...
200 days until Mike comes home from Bahrain!!!!
Let the links come off and the countdown begin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment