Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Dream Come True...

I have so much to tell you all but I am about to BUST at the seams to tell you about our dream come true.  This post may be all over the place as words are hard to describe our gratitude and how I feel.  As most of you know we have been living a long deployment, well it all started last January, like 2012 January.  So with in 16 months, Mike came home for 1 month after 3 months of school and then was supposed to be home for 2 weeks at the 6 month mark.  Fortunately, he made chief this time around and unfortunately was in initiation during the 6 month period so he was not able to come home.  We were able to finally get him home at the end of January which meant we had not seen him in 9 month.  Some of you may remember that we were honored on Thankful Thursday by our AWESOME Realtor Barbara Sgueglia.  If you do not remember or did not know, you can see it here!  Welcome Barbara to my blog!



AND, guess what???  We won!!!!  I know right???  I NEVER win anything and we won this awsome prize!!!  You can view all of this on her Facebook page right HERE.   I highly recommend you liking her page as you will see true patriotism from Barbara.  (Among other things.)  Patriotism that you do not see as much as we should in this country.  She will make you proud.  I am proud to not just call her my Realtor but call her my friend.  She and her husband both have been nothing but amazing to me and my family. No words can even come close to expressing my gratitude! Not just for this trip, but also for taking care of us.  When we bought our house we were just getting to know Barbara.  We had been through 5 Realtors that we just did not click with.  I was frustrated beyond belief.  Barbara saw our vision right off the bat, told us what to do, found our house and led us through the entire process of fulfilling the dream of becoming homeowners! We were nervous.  She had answers and was there.  She went to bat for us when another professional was pushing us off.  When we have referred friends and co-workers to her, they have come back thrilled with her level of professionalism and the ability and know how to get it done and done right.  I only wish all my friends would use her and NOT just because she is now my dear friend, but because they are my friends and I want them to have the kind of help that Barbara gives.  Not only did she find our house, go to bat for us, give us advise, but she also gave us a home warranty for our home.  What a gift! And it was not because she liked me, she does this for all military families as a way of saying thank you for serving this wonderful country.  I could go on and on but if you want to hear more, call me!  Or rather, call her!  The process of buying our first home also started a lifelong friendship with Barbara and her husband Dan.  These guys are something.  They are a loving couple who constantly give, give, give.  Dan owns a body shop in Norfolk.  You can view his page HERE.  He has done work for us as well as for people we have referred to him.  ALWAYS great work at a reasonable price!  Matter of fact, Mike allowed someone to drive his jeep at work one day.  The boy rear ended a lady in a Honda Odyssey.  Brand New.  Ouch!  Mike gave her Dan's card and asked her to please get an estimate there.  She did, as well as 3 others.  She ended up going to Dan and called Mike a few weeks later thrilled with the job well done.  Dan is the man!  :-)
Actually Dan and Barbara and both more than business.  They have a beautiful family.  They were high school sweetheart!  They are best friends.  They both exude kindness, patriotism,  a love for God, their friends and family and are just good people.  They are loyal and honest.  Our friendship started as business  but it so much more now.  They have both been there for us while we celebrated birthdays, prayed for us when we needed it, helped me through this deployment and well just been dear friends.  We are thrilled that they were thankful enough to give this generous prize and that we were lucky enough to win it!

 So, we booked our trip!  And, we just got back from Disney! (our trip details in another post - soon) The resort that Barbara and Dan sent us to was top notch AMAZING!!!!  But, I am not surprised!  They do things right!  We had a blast!  Barbara and Dan, we can not thank you enough for making this possible for us! We smiled, we laughed we experienced the magic of Disney!  It was a dream come true and all because of you!






AND we got to check off #8 on our list of 100 things to do in 100 days even though it is more of a bucket list!


No comments:

Post a Comment