Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Independance Day

We had a wonderful July4th weekend! We cleaned out our garage and went to the pool of Friday. On Saturday we toodled in the house, went out for lunch and then to the Doherty's house for a birthday dinner to celebrate Ryan's birthday which just so happens to be on the 4th! After a delicious dinner, a few beers and some good conversation we headed out to see the fireworks at the beach front. It was a nightmare! We creeped down streets looking for parking...none found anywhere. After doing about 5 mph everywhere and no success we decided to give up and go back to the aquarium and see if we could see them from the parking lot. Sullivan was so excited! We just could not let him down. Luckily for Kerry her boys were about out, so they headed home. We crossed a busy street on foot, chased down a city bus and then got back in our car and headed back to the beach. The traffic was GONE, but there was still NO parking. We could hear them but could not see them....so my absolutely amazing hubby dropped Sully and I off and he drove circles while Sully and I sat on the beach and watch the show. I felt guilty going with out Mike but...he said it was all about Sully seeing the fireworks and he was right!!! It was a good show with a great finale. Sully loved putting sand on my legs while watching the fireworks! There was even a group there that started chanting USA! Although it was a little cheesy, it gave me chills because all of us were sitting under that one big sky, watching fireworks celebrating the same thing, America! We met Mike back on the street, changed Sully in to jammies, let him tee tee on the tire (Yes I know, how redneck but ya gotta do what ya gotta do) and then headed home. Sully didn't make it 5 minutes and was asleep! We got home to two very excited dogs. Blue was acting all nervous. I guess the fireworks had scared the pee out of him, ON MY BED!!!! I just do not get why he does that. It has been about a year since he did it last but it makes me so mad and I just do not know what to do. We changed the sheets, febreezed the entire room and kissed goodnight! I was ready for July 5th.

No comments:

Post a Comment