Monday, October 25, 2010

Feeling domestic this fall...

For those of you who really know me know I do not LOVE to cook.  I like to fix.  And, I like meals fixed for me.  I should have been born with a cook and a maid too! Good thing my wonderful hubby likes to cook and doesn't mind cleaning.  I don't know what it is but I have been in a cooking mood.  I want to have dinner cooked and ready when Mike gets home from work so we can just enjoy him or do other things.  I also want most meals to be enough for another meal.  :)  Trying to be frugal too.  We have had roast with veggies and potatoes, ham, steamed squash with cheese, meatloaf, buffalo chicken dip,  Fried shrimp, sausage, egg and cheese biscuits, etc...  I am so in the mood to cook something pumpkin but have not decided what.  Tomorrow I will be making a crock pot of chilli and cornbread for our pumpkin carving night with the Downs family.  I am excited and on a mission to make yummy stuff at home so that we do not want to eat out.  It is working so far.  Hopefully this phase I am in is not just a phase and I will realize that is it not that hard to cook and much cheaper and healthier than eating out and hopefully I will stick to it.   I will start sharing recipes of the easy yummy things I make!  I hope you enjoy my simple, easy cheap cookin'!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment