Tuesday, September 4, 2012

And so it begins...

Real school that is.  First grade.  The numbered ones.  Where your grade is your grade and they matter.  How scary.  He is not scared but I am.  I hope and pray I steer him right, teach him well and advocate for him.  My big boy is in first grade and walked into his class, straight to his seat and never even waved goodbye.  No, I'm not sad, I'm proud that he is secure enough, happy enough and smart enough to walk into a new class with all new friends and a new teacher and be excited!  Love this kid from the deepest depths of my heart and could not be prouder.  When asked how his day was when he got off the bus he said, "AWESOME!!"  He was so happy!  And we had lots to celebrate...not only was it his big day but it just so happened to be Mason birthday!!! So, to Red Robin for dinner, dessert and balloons, of course.



No comments:

Post a Comment