Thursday, September 13, 2012

Ouchie

Yup he did it.  First person in our family to wear a cast.  And, no great story to tell.  We were at the ball park on Thursday for practice.  He has his bat and a ball, you know the kind on the big bins at walmart for like $3??  He had ventured over to the rocks.  I called him back and when I did he kicked the ball under the bleachers.  I got it out and threw it to the area where I wanted him to play and turned to finish conversation with one of the other moms.  And then I heard him cry.  It wasn't a scream so I did not panic but it was a different cry.  He was on his belly and his right arm looked like it was up under him.  I picked him up and loved him expecting him to soon stop crying.  But he didn't.  He cried and cried. It sounded like a hurt cry that I had never heard.  I took off his shirt and looked him over.  All looked fine.  I had a girlfriend look him over.  He seemed like his arm hurt but he was moving it etc...  My first thought was that he dislocated his shoulder.  I stood him on the ground for a minute and when I went to pick him up, he could not lift his right arm like his left.  Something was wrong.  I decided to head to patient first.  Jenny said she would watch Sully.  A handed my keys to Mason and called Mom.  She was headed to town but was going to my house. She was minutes away from me so I asked her to go to fields to be with Sully.  When I got off the phone, Mason dropped my keys and could not pick them up.  Yep, something was definitely wrong.  I put him in his seat and we took off.  The entire way there he cried the saddest cry while saying, "mama ouie" over and over.  I was almost in tears.  I hate to hear my babies hurt.  I decided to go to the ER.  We got there and he was still crying but after getting checked in he had cried himself tired.  Dr said we needed full arm x-rays.
X-ray tech said this might be a tough job to get all these but we would do the best we could.  Mason was a trooper.  Granted he had some Tylenol with codeine.  He loved the x-ray machine.  We were done in 10 minutes!  Dr came in about 30 minutes later and said  Mason had a buccal fracture in his wrist.  They put it in a splint and we were on our way.  Mason was feeling better.  Mommy was too.  He did not like the splint too much but....he soon got used to it.  Sooner than I would have.  Follow up with peds on Monday morning.  Pushing for a new cast before Surgery on Tuesday.  This kid is a hot mess but a trooper for sure!  Love my little troopers!!








He was not slowed down for very long at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment